My back hurts, why?
Many of the intricate structures in the spine can lead to pain, and pain can be concentrated the neck or back, and/or radiate to the extremities or be referred to other parts of the body. For example:
- The large nerve roots that go to the legs and arms may become irritated or pinched
- The smaller nerves that innervate the spine may be irritated due to inflammation or degeneration
- The large paired back muscles (erector spinae) may be strained due to overuse or an injury
- The bones, ligaments or joints themselves may be injured
- The disc space in between the vertebrae may become painful
- Any of the various joint complexes in the spine may degenerate and lead to pain
Chiropractor will take a detailed medical history and perform a thorough physical examination to ascertain the cause of the spinal pain. Chiropractor may utilise mobilisation, adjustment, muscle release techniques and other treatment modalities to manage your spinal pain.
Call us today to see how we can help you.